Hello,

I’m hoping you don’t mind my first post being in this section but some health concerns regarding the London to Brighton which I’m hoping you guys may be able to help/offer some reassurance... Last year I signed up to do the London to Brighton after a colleague completed it as I’ve wanted to get my fitness up for some time and well assumed it was like riding a bike, unfortunately I didn’t own a bike at that point. I’m 43, extremely unfit at the time 18.8 stone. Throughout last year I cycled numerous times throughout the week, got my weight down to 14.6 and distance upto just over 24m on a single trip by September, then the weather turned, Christmas came around and I’ve just realised its only 8 weeks ish until the ride!!! This week I’ve been out three times but after 3-4.5m I’m shot, legs are shattered, gasping for breath (I smoke as well) and now a tad concerned about taking on the L2B. I’ll be out on the bike whenever I can but worried that in 8 weeks I won’t see a massive difference to my capabilities. Any tips on how best to increase endurance or fitness over a short period of time? I’m back on the diet which should help knock the pounds off, am confident in the bike I’ll be using (Carrera Crossfire 3) but worried about my current lack of health and the little time I can get our working 6 days a week... Any help greatly appreciated.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?t=121698
Infographic Video Production Agency

Thank you